From MM*Stat International
MM*Stat was released as a CD by Prof. dr. W. Härdle and Prof. Dr. med. B. Rönz of the Ladislaus von Bortkiewicz Chair of Statistics of the School of Business and Economics at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in cooperation with the MHSG.
In twelve chapters, the CD covered all the classical branches of descriptive and inductive statistics that are dealt with in undergraduate courses for statistics. Through a variety of examples and interactive computing units matter is easier to detect. Multiple choice questions allow a review of the learned substance. The CD has been translated into English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Spanish and Czech.
However, since 1998, the Internet technology has been rapidly developing. Problems resulting from the technology used at that time can be solved with the help of new technologies. Therefore from 2006 till 2008 S. Klinke, D. Uieß, P. Giradet, B. Weidenhammer and L. Schlittgen transferred the texts into the present wiki and provided a new navigation. For technical reasons, however, this version does not contain interactive examples. Parallel to this, Dr. T. Ahmad created an Arabic version of the wiki.
In 2019 this wiki has been created to bring the non-german version online. Currently the following languages are supported:
All other language versions are either too different from the english version or the translation is too incomplete.
|Number of pages||560|
|Number of articles||493|
|Number of files||0|
|Number of edits||1,257|
|Number of users||3|
|Number of admins||1|
- German MM*Stat
- A german version
- Arab MM*Stat
- An arabic version
- World Statistics Day 2010
- Virtual poster exhibition for World Statistics Day 2010
- T. Ahmad, W. Härdle, S. Klinke, S. Alawadhi (2013), Using wiki to build an e-learning system in statistics in the Arabic language, Computational Statistics, 28(2), 481-491
- S. Klinke (2011), Developing web-based tools for the teaching of statistics: Our Wikis and the German Wikipedia, ISI Conference Proceedings, Dublin; Ireland.
- S. Klinke, D. Kuhlee, C. Theel, C. Wagner, C. Westermeier (2009), MM-Stat – MultiMedia-Statistik: Statistische Datenanalyse – webbasiert, interaktiv und multimedial, SFB 649 Discussion paper 2009-47
- U. Ziegenhagen (2009), Essays on the use of e-Learning in Statistics and the Implementation of Statistical Software, PhD. thesis
- W. Härdle, S. Klinke, U. Ziegenhagen (2007), On the Utility of E-Learning in Statistics, International Statistical Review, 75, 355–364
- T. Ahmad, W. Härdle, J. Mungo (2006), On the Difficulty to Design Arabic E-learning System in Statistics, COMPSTAT 2006 - Proceedings in Computational Statistics. Rizzi and Vichi (eds), 1619-1624.
- W. Härdle, S. Klinke, U. Ziegenhagen (2006), e-Learning Statistics - A Selective Review, COMPSTAT 2006 - Proceedings in Computational Statistics. Rizzi and Vichi (eds), 417-428
- W. Härdle, H. Lehmann, B. Rönz (2001), MM*STAT. Eine interaktive Einführung in die Welt der Statistik - Exponat auf der CeBIT 2001, Humboldt-Spektrum 1/2001, 56-59.
- I. Kiss, M. Luther (2000), MM*Stat im Vergleich mit anderen Projekten für die Statistikausbildung im Internet, Institut für Statistik und Ökonometrie, Diplomarbeit
- B. Rönz, M. Müller, U. Ziegenhagen (2000), The Multimedia Project MM*STAT for Teaching Statistics, COMPSTAT 2000 - Proceedings in Computational Statistics. J.G. Bethlehem and P.G.M. van der Heijden (eds), Springer Verlag, Heidelberg 2000, 409-414