Aus Kognitive Robotik
Using a game engine as a simulator for AI and robotics experiments is essentially becoming established as a canonical method right now, coming in two flavors:
- Simulation of robot physics and perception using the game engine: Blender / MORSE, Unreal , Doom / Quake, Ogre3D, crrcsim, torcs, Minetest
- Using the game itself on top of its own engine as an exploration and learning challenge: OpenAI gym , CommAI env , Minecraft-based Malmo , MazeBase .
We've done this with the crrcsim flight simulator , it has been done with the torcs car racing simulator , , Deepmind  used an Atari emulator for their end-to-end Reinforcement Learning  work (which by now has evolved in OpenAI's gym, Microsoft announced 03/2016 to push the use of Minecraft towards AI research , , etc
Get in touch if you have comments or additions.
- Incomplete and biased, basically the history of this article.
- Torcs: http://torcs.sourceforge.net/
- Minetest: http://www.minetest.net/
- Minetest: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minetest
- Ogre3D: http://www.ogre3d.org/