From Glossing Ancient Languages
Glossing Ancient Languages
This is an open access forum on recommendations for the Interlinar Morphemic Glossing (IMG) of ancient languages.
Please feel free to contribute to or comment on existing pages and/or create new pages without login account. We appreciate your input. Your changes are logged under your IP address. Alternatively, you can ask for a named login account so that your changes appear under your own name.
 General recommendations
- General glossing rules and recommendations (alignment, punctuation)
- Recommended glossing abbreviations
 Specific recommendations for different languages
- Glossing Akkadian
- Ancient Egyptian
- Glossing Ancient Greek
- Glossing Hittite
In order to create a new page for another language, please follow these instructions.
 Technical issues
- Examples of glossed Akkadian texts
- Examples of glossed Ancient Egyptian texts
- Examples of glossed Ancient Greek texts
- Examples of glossed Hittite texts
If one of the following signs does not seem to be displayed correctly on your computer, please install a powerful Unicode font like Charis SIL or New Athena Unicode: ḫ, š, ṭ, ʿ, (for Egyptian:) Ꜣ, ḥ, ẖ, ṯ, ḏ.